So we have the June round up not a particularly good one in some respects but positive in many others.
1) Eat healthier – no going on a diet but to watch portion size, try to make sure I get my five a day and to make healthier choices where I can. I also bought a smoothie maker in an attempt to help with this one.
Nope done terribly at this one, just not been focused and have eaten far too much crap but also have been feeling rather down on myself which leads on to the next one…
2) Exercise more – I want to try to exercise at least 4 times a week, starting with 10-15mins and building up to at least one hour session and the others at 30mins. Before I have tried for too much to soon ended up in pain then quit.
Again failed miserably, and I think it is partly a vicious circle I have allowed myself to get into so have taken action, I have actually ordered some proper trainers and workout clothes and I am hoping that by actually getting changed into the appropriate clothing it will fire up the synapses in the same way as firing up word does for my brain.
3) Write everyday – I intend to spend at least 30mins of every day writing, be it on here or in my journal. Most days will of course involve a lot longer and working on my books or other pieces but even on the busiest of days I need to make that small amount of time count.
If you look at the sheet it does not look good the problem is that is is not me failing to write daily that is an issue it is me failing to fill in the sheet hopefully next month will show improvements of my keeping track
4) Daily WIP Progress – although I mention above actually writing every day by this I mean that on days I do not have time to sit and actually write on one of my WIPs then I will still find a way to contribute to it either by having a read through, printing a page off to edit or to make extra notes relating to whatever project I am working on. Writing is so much more than just getting a story on paper.
I have been continuing to work on this and am doing pretty well other than missing the odd day due to life getting in the way.
5) Improve my skin care regime – more of a personal one but time is not on the side of my skin and it does react to weather conditions so especially if I want to feel more comfortable filming vlogs I have to invest a few minutes each morning and bedtime.
I have been trying but I have had a really bad breakout on my chin which try as I might I cannot get it to clear up to the point I am actually considering a trip to the doctors to see if I can get some sort of antibiotic cream to try on them.
6 ) Publish VATV – to be fair this would be done already had the computer not died but now it will be a case of hoping that my dropbox had updated properly but I know I do have 9 stories fully edited on hard copy that can be typed back up and the other stories will be saved in some form, I will set a new released date as soon as I have the new computer in my possession and set up.
Still focusing on the other release first then moving back to Voices but have a plan and intend to use it.
7) Publish Queen of Ages – another project which stalled, but as soon as Voices is out I intend to start another edit run on the first part of my trilogy and get stuck into to writing the second part which I also intend to be out before the end of the year. Had technical issues not meant the delay to Voices I would have gone for all three within the year.
Again rescheduled planned releases to do the two story collections first but still intend to publish this this year unless I get a publisher in the meantime.
8) Catch up on my emails – that should be catch up and keep up, as many of you have been aware I have made a good start on this one while trying to recover from flu but if you have not had a flood of extra likes on posts from last year it does not mean I have not read and enjoyed them but I did read some in my email inbox and others the like button just would not work on this silly touch screen tablet.
I have actually had a few days this month where the inbox has had post in it but it has only been left for a day or two and not allowed to build up again unlike videos and podcasts lol
9) Use scheduling better – I normally prepare blog posts and a number of Facebook posts in advance then schedule them to go live at certain times, I want to work on being more consistent at this however I confess I am finding it hard to do on the tablet so that may have to wait for the computer as well.
Have had a slight blip with this but overall am doing better, it tends to go a little awry when I am focusing on the writing.
10) Put myself first more – I have discussed this in part previously but there is more to it which I will go into at a later date more. So often we are too worried to say no, too afraid of hurting others feelings but the fact is you can only be treated like a doormat if you lie down for people to walk over.
Doing well on this have actually said no a couple of times when people have wanted me to stop my own writing to do something for them.
11) Get out and about more – finances dictate that I cannot go off on crazy adventures every weekend but I want to make sure I fit in 4 away day and see at least two shows at the theatre this year.
Not really been out this month other than shopping in Leeds and a lunch out with the family while there at a Chinese buffet no pictures sorry), however school holidays are just around the corner and so is the carnival.
12) Have faith in my writing – I am determined as well as the larger projects to create one extra short story a month and to submit it to market.
More rejections to report but also took a chance sending the novel to an agent as as well as another publisher not really getting anywhere but not feeling down about it either.
Lets see what July brings!