Last year I set myself some writing resolutions so of which I achieved others I failed miserably at this year I am setting more and tougher goals for myself but I know I can achieve them if I focus and keep on top of every thing so here we go…
1) Finish and publish Voices it has been dragging on far too long know even though I know some of the delays have been unavoidable.
2) Redraft Q of A and send out to at least three publishers/agents
3) Write every day and achieve a full year chain on the Magic Spreadsheet
4) Submit at least once piece of work for each month of the year to a journal or competition.
5) Use my time more effectively and not leave everything until the last minute
6) Set up the website properly as a place just for my work rather than all my other stuff although there will be a link to the blog for those interested.
7) Blog every day there is no excuse not to if I plan properly.
8) Photo blog over on Inspired Thru the Lens every day certainly no excuse on that one as it only takes a minute to schedule each post
9) Write in my journal every day – I was rather sporadic in that last year
10) Accept I will never achieve perfection and let others tell me when things are going okay rather than having a hissy fit and hitting delete when I fee they aren’t.
10 thoughts on “Writing Resolutions 2014”
Do you accept guest bloggers? It’s a good way to get our a blog every day with a little less stress. I’d be willing to be a guest blogger.
So far I have only had one guest blogger and have done a few ‘interviews’ but would be delighted to have you guest blog, please feel free to email me email@example.com
Guest bloggers are amazing! Love your resolutions. I really need to write some down this year too. :D.
Not to put more pressure on you, but Voices really does need to meet the world!
Tell me about it lol I guarantee it will be here in the first half of this year even if I only get the ebook bit sorted at first 😀
BTW, Love the new format! Can’t wait to see the website too.
What’s the Magic Spreadsheet?
It is an online spreadsheet and writing community where you record your totals each day and work towards a daily writing habit, it has levels which increase your daily word count and leaderboards for those who are more competitive it is working really well for me this is the start page which explains it you can also join the FB group or the G+ group for extra support https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoK7WzmhEcBUdGVXUVFqX3dmRWtCcnJPMVdWZ1J4T0E&usp=sharing#gid=0
Thanks for the info, Paula, but it sounds a bit too much like hard work – and doesn’t that sound lazy!
Paula, Setting big goals is great, but don’t forget accomplishing even a small goal is better.
JL Greger, author of medical thrillers: Coming Flu and Ignore the Pain