It is lunchtime I have been productive, well sort of, I have washing out on the line and I have planted a load of veg seeds, not guaranteed anything will grow but we can but try. Am just about to go take the second lot of washing out of the washer and go put that out but I still feel lazy. Yes, it is that one day of the year that I feel guilty having a lie in, it is marathon day! I have never been one for running long distances in fact I hated stamina days when I did athletics as a teen but after make back surgery I realised that my chances of ever running one were more or less gone, it is on my bucket list so I have not given up on the idea completely but the one thing I love is not only watching the excitement of the elite races but watching all those running for charities, joining in the atmosphere on the course, they may not get records but they will have achieved something truly incredible. So between housework and writing today I shall be watching the unicorns, firemen, nurses and a hundred other fancy dress outfits cross the finish line.
- the first blog post I am sharing is one that made me jealous, would love the chance to attend events like this, it just seems that time wise it never quite works out for me https://isleofbooks.com/2017/04/10/an-evening-with-neil-gaiman-in-review/
- As mentioned above it has been school holidays here and sometimes you just need a good laugh https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/04/10/when-saying-oops-is-not-enough/
- If you are scared of spiders you might need to skip this one but other wise it is an inspiring post about how you can look death in the face and say not today thank you https://accidentalspacegirl.com/2017/04/17/the-tarantula-who-saved-my-life/
- My final two blog for today are both A -Z posts, I am doing so badly and will take a few extra posts to catch up and make the finish date, I haven’t quite given up but we shall see, I picked this first one because it hit a nerve with me as we all have that point where we have to decide at what point we class ourselves as writer, authors or still make excuses for doing the thing we love, https://lindaghill.com/2017/04/20/qualification-atozchallenge/
- The final one is just because it’s Doctor Who themed and well why not https://nerdygirlconfession.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/s-is-for-im-so-so-sorry/
I should have posted this yesterday but there was sun and I got distracted, also no vlog as I forgot to pick up batteries at the supermarket on Saturday
No coffee today as it is already lunch time but the weather has been so lovely here this weekend that I spent yesterday in the garden and this morning doing laundry. I love being able put the washing out on the line rather than having it strewn over radiators and clothes horses around the house. Of course this does mean I have got even further behind with my A – Z but hopefully if I do two posts a day I will be caught up by this time next week. I am still waiting for that bloody giraffe to give birth, seriously I have reached the conclusion that part of the reason they are becoming endangered in the wild is that this last couple of months of pregnancy makes them so vulnerable to predators, every time she goes to lie down I worry her slender legs will snap.
Any way let’s get on with this weeks blog shares…
- First up I am sharing a blog which has been created on WP to allow readers to keep track and find A – Z posts on various blogs I have already added a couple of blogs to my reading list during this A – Z but hope to find time to visit a few more https://atozchallenge.wordpress.com/
- Next up something a little different, I have mixed feelings about books being re-appropriated for other things, but if it is an book that has already fallen to pieces that is okay, in this case the words are blacked out to leave a few that create a poem, which I believe I have featured before, however this goes one step further adding colour and art work https://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/fire-3/
- Next up tickets are on sale for the Annual bloggers bash, I had really hoped to be able to get there this year however at the minute it is looking doubtful but hey it’s annual so if I don’t I will be sure to make sure I get there next years http://sachablack.co.uk/2017/04/06/bloggersbash-tickets-selling-fast-buy-yours-now-bloggersbash/
- I confess I am also a big fan of this show or I was until this year, I have to be honest I did not like the way with the move to ITV they have stopped turning round and offering constructive criticism, the fact they are left there maybe not understanding why they were considered not good enough seems a little cruel to me, especially in the later stages where judges may already have full teams http://www.tmupchurch.com/2017/04/01/on-watching-the-voice-uk/
- Finally a quandary my friend finds herself in, if anyone has any idea of a way to fix this or a way the solved the problem am sure she would be thrilled to hear https://hnsieverding.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/prequel-or-book-1/