I should have posted this yesterday but there was sun and I got distracted, also no vlog as I forgot to pick up batteries at the supermarket on Saturday
No coffee today as it is already lunch time but the weather has been so lovely here this weekend that I spent yesterday in the garden and this morning doing laundry. I love being able put the washing out on the line rather than having it strewn over radiators and clothes horses around the house. Of course this does mean I have got even further behind with my A – Z but hopefully if I do two posts a day I will be caught up by this time next week. I am still waiting for that bloody giraffe to give birth, seriously I have reached the conclusion that part of the reason they are becoming endangered in the wild is that this last couple of months of pregnancy makes them so vulnerable to predators, every time she goes to lie down I worry her slender legs will snap.
Any way let’s get on with this weeks blog shares…
- First up I am sharing a blog which has been created on WP to allow readers to keep track and find A – Z posts on various blogs I have already added a couple of blogs to my reading list during this A – Z but hope to find time to visit a few more https://atozchallenge.wordpress.com/
- Next up something a little different, I have mixed feelings about books being re-appropriated for other things, but if it is an book that has already fallen to pieces that is okay, in this case the words are blacked out to leave a few that create a poem, which I believe I have featured before, however this goes one step further adding colour and art work https://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/fire-3/
- Next up tickets are on sale for the Annual bloggers bash, I had really hoped to be able to get there this year however at the minute it is looking doubtful but hey it’s annual so if I don’t I will be sure to make sure I get there next years http://sachablack.co.uk/2017/04/06/bloggersbash-tickets-selling-fast-buy-yours-now-bloggersbash/
- I confess I am also a big fan of this show or I was until this year, I have to be honest I did not like the way with the move to ITV they have stopped turning round and offering constructive criticism, the fact they are left there maybe not understanding why they were considered not good enough seems a little cruel to me, especially in the later stages where judges may already have full teams http://www.tmupchurch.com/2017/04/01/on-watching-the-voice-uk/
- Finally a quandary my friend finds herself in, if anyone has any idea of a way to fix this or a way the solved the problem am sure she would be thrilled to hear https://hnsieverding.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/prequel-or-book-1/
Just want to point out I am using a 30 minute timer and doing stream of conciousness but I do have a child and pets in the house and I am correcting glaring spelling mistakes etc so it might be possible for me to write more within the thirsty minutes but honestly, you don’t need to me go over a thousand words, I want you to stay awake to the end lol.
That said let’s start the timer…
You wouldn’t think it looking at me now but when I was younger I was quite sporty, I did athletics, liked playing tennis, doing trampolining, swimming. What I don’t like is the cold, so I have to be honest and say Winter sports never appealed, plus I have never broken a bone and would prefer to keep it that way. I do like watching the Winter Olympics, which let’s face it other than ‘Ski Sunday’ was more or less the only time we saw these sports. I like watching skiing but being the type of person I am I it is because I like watching them crash, which they do in a most spectacular manner normally, I am not evil enough to want them to be actually hurt, just to see them complete a couple of somersaults. But I always though if I had to do a Winter sport it would be bobsleigh.
I would want to be the second seat in a four man or in my case woman sled, that way you don’t have to be responsible for being at the front and I assume steering and you don’t have to be the ones who push longest and have the biggest risk of falling over before you even get going. It have to say I know they practise for hours and hours but I am surprised that more sleighs don’t set off down the course minus a member or with him clinging on to the back. The other reason I would go for bobsleigh is I understand the rules of gravitational pull which keep it in the tube, curve, run, you know what I mean the track thingy, also being in the middle you can’t really do much damage I shouldn’t imagine, the compact nature of proximity would stop you leaning the wrong way at the wrong time, unless you all do it of course.
What I don’t understand is the lunatics who choose to get rid of the sleigh bit which would give them a little protect if they crash an decide that it is a great idea to fly down as quickly as possible on a glorified tea tray. I know they have different names but I am not going to go look them up, one is the Luge and one is something else, and I can’t decide if the person going feet first, or the one going head first, is the more mentally unstable. Don’t get me wrong I find it fascinating to watch but I do wonder how many of their spouses can bear to watch, it really is a sport where a wipeout could easily be fatal, do their loved ones spend hours trying to persuade them to take up something safer like curling. I confess I like curling as well how many other sports does the ability you wield a Vileda Supermop qualify you for an Olympic sport, although does any one actually know what they are shouting at each other, it is like a cross between a secret language and listening to a farmer shout at a sheepdog herding sheep. The other thing I wonder while watching curling is what happens if one of the sweepers slips and slides into the target area, do they start again or does she sit their while stones a hurled at her in the hope of knocking her out of the way?