It is lunchtime I have been productive, well sort of, I have washing out on the line and I have planted a load of veg seeds, not guaranteed anything will grow but we can but try. Am just about to go take the second lot of washing out of the washer and go put that out but I still feel lazy. Yes, it is that one day of the year that I feel guilty having a lie in, it is marathon day! I have never been one for running long distances in fact I hated stamina days when I did athletics as a teen but after make back surgery I realised that my chances of ever running one were more or less gone, it is on my bucket list so I have not given up on the idea completely but the one thing I love is not only watching the excitement of the elite races but watching all those running for charities, joining in the atmosphere on the course, they may not get records but they will have achieved something truly incredible. So between housework and writing today I shall be watching the unicorns, firemen, nurses and a hundred other fancy dress outfits cross the finish line.
- the first blog post I am sharing is one that made me jealous, would love the chance to attend events like this, it just seems that time wise it never quite works out for me https://isleofbooks.com/2017/04/10/an-evening-with-neil-gaiman-in-review/
- As mentioned above it has been school holidays here and sometimes you just need a good laugh https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/04/10/when-saying-oops-is-not-enough/
- If you are scared of spiders you might need to skip this one but other wise it is an inspiring post about how you can look death in the face and say not today thank you https://accidentalspacegirl.com/2017/04/17/the-tarantula-who-saved-my-life/
- My final two blog for today are both A -Z posts, I am doing so badly and will take a few extra posts to catch up and make the finish date, I haven’t quite given up but we shall see, I picked this first one because it hit a nerve with me as we all have that point where we have to decide at what point we class ourselves as writer, authors or still make excuses for doing the thing we love, https://lindaghill.com/2017/04/20/qualification-atozchallenge/
- The final one is just because it’s Doctor Who themed and well why not https://nerdygirlconfession.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/s-is-for-im-so-so-sorry/
I should have posted this yesterday but there was sun and I got distracted, also no vlog as I forgot to pick up batteries at the supermarket on Saturday
No coffee today as it is already lunch time but the weather has been so lovely here this weekend that I spent yesterday in the garden and this morning doing laundry. I love being able put the washing out on the line rather than having it strewn over radiators and clothes horses around the house. Of course this does mean I have got even further behind with my A – Z but hopefully if I do two posts a day I will be caught up by this time next week. I am still waiting for that bloody giraffe to give birth, seriously I have reached the conclusion that part of the reason they are becoming endangered in the wild is that this last couple of months of pregnancy makes them so vulnerable to predators, every time she goes to lie down I worry her slender legs will snap.
Any way let’s get on with this weeks blog shares…
- First up I am sharing a blog which has been created on WP to allow readers to keep track and find A – Z posts on various blogs I have already added a couple of blogs to my reading list during this A – Z but hope to find time to visit a few more https://atozchallenge.wordpress.com/
- Next up something a little different, I have mixed feelings about books being re-appropriated for other things, but if it is an book that has already fallen to pieces that is okay, in this case the words are blacked out to leave a few that create a poem, which I believe I have featured before, however this goes one step further adding colour and art work https://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/fire-3/
- Next up tickets are on sale for the Annual bloggers bash, I had really hoped to be able to get there this year however at the minute it is looking doubtful but hey it’s annual so if I don’t I will be sure to make sure I get there next years http://sachablack.co.uk/2017/04/06/bloggersbash-tickets-selling-fast-buy-yours-now-bloggersbash/
- I confess I am also a big fan of this show or I was until this year, I have to be honest I did not like the way with the move to ITV they have stopped turning round and offering constructive criticism, the fact they are left there maybe not understanding why they were considered not good enough seems a little cruel to me, especially in the later stages where judges may already have full teams http://www.tmupchurch.com/2017/04/01/on-watching-the-voice-uk/
- Finally a quandary my friend finds herself in, if anyone has any idea of a way to fix this or a way the solved the problem am sure she would be thrilled to hear https://hnsieverding.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/prequel-or-book-1/
I have had a really busy weekend, actually make that week lol so I have not read many blogs but I have quickly picked out a couple then I have a video for your viewing pleasure…
- First up being overweight I get totally how hard it is to take those first steps and also the stigma that surrounds fat people exercising, the same people who tell you to lose weight and exercise are the ones who taunt you when you try so I have so much respect for anyone who is willing to share their journey https://theconsultingwriter.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/inspiring/
- I have to confess I very rarely take the time to treat myself in terms of someone else performing treatments on me, I might throw on a face mask at home, or, file and paint my nails but I feel guilty spending money on luxuries like that unless it is a special occasion but I had to goggle at this description https://lucywilliamspoetry.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/lucys-diary-25032017/
I am going to leave it at just the two blog posts because yesterday this happened…
It was day two of the day jobs Comic Relief fund-raising and I ended up joining in doing a little wiggling, the video is quite long, 27 mins but that is because it does show two days of activity so you can either watch through and see our fund-raising fun or skip forward and watch me embarrass myself lol
So in the past I have done places, animals, artists and I was hoping to come up with a really cool theme for this year but it just has not happened. You may have noticed there was no vlog or Lazy Sunday this last week, well the truth is our week was thrown into turmoil with the passing of one of our little furries, Buddy age 6 (a good age for a guinea pig) was dead when we got up on Thursday morning and although I hid the fact from Monster until after school there were lots of tears and as you can imagine we have been busy trying to ease his upset, which to be honest is not helped by ,the remaining piggie, making lots of noise in his distress at now being a lone piggie.
Anyhow back on subject A – Z theme, I have been racking my brain this morning but it was not really complying and I kept wondering off on strange trains of thought. The it came to me, that will be my ‘theme’ stream of conciousness! I am going to open the dictionary at random for each letter and and stick my finger on the word and that will be the starting point for that day. I will give the word and the definition first, then from there I shall allow my mind to wander wherever it so desires for 500 – 1000 words.
Now you all know me, so you can’t hold me responsible for any rabbit holes we may journey into, they may be fun and frivolous, or, dark and dangerous. I have no idea how well this will work but I think it will be fun finding out lol
Apologies for missing last week but as I had a busy weekend I had been trying to catch up on housework when my daughter rung to take me out for dinner, you can see what I ate over on instagram and if you don’t follow me there and have an account that look me up here hopefully over the next few months I will have far more to share there.
Today is the first day of the year where I have been able to get some washing out on the line with the hope of it drying and I want to get some extra washing caught up with today so forgive me if this ends up being posted late as I am back and forth between writing and house work.
So what do I have to share today…
- Last week at the Leeds ticket launch I met the lovely Nadia and it gives me great pleasure to introduce her blog here through this very heartfelt post about self published authors https://nadiaworldsite.wordpress.com/2017/03/05/online-writing-authors-commitment/
- As Saint Patrick’s day is just around the corner I thought it would be cool to hare this, not that I think you really need a recipe to make stew but because the recipe featured is over a hundred years old and also because despite my Irish heritage it is one I will never make, the truth is I don’t like lamb in fact if I ever have to eat it the only way I can get it down is to drown it in mint sauce https://marthareynoldswrites.com/2017/03/12/irish-stew-1908/
- The wonderfully talented Lucy has a new facebook page so visit her post like her poem then head over to her facebook page and give her a like you won’t regret it https://lucywilliamspoetry.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/poetry-69/
- I love it when people I have been lucky enough to get acquainted with are successful, not only is it obviously fantastic from them but it also allows you hope that one day it might happen for you too https://suemoorcroft.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/i-love-dubai-dubailitfest/
- A final link for today but it is mainly the link within the link you need because we all like to read a good story especially if it is a freebie https://janerisdon.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/under-cover-free-to-read-in-the-indie-publishing-newsletter-issue-10/
I hope you enjoyed these, I really should go outside and do a little gardening while the weather is good but to be honest I am not really in a the gardening mood, instead I think I might sit and write a little more.