Anyone out there fancy putting your poetic prose to good use? Well look no further, I am working on mine…
Can you ably sling words together? Well then, I need your poems to create an anthology which will raise money for the MAKE A WISH foundation, a charity which seeks to make the dreams of terminally ill children come true! I’ll be selling this book at the LEEDS 2018 book signing and making your words available on AMAZON, too.
- I am looking for poems that are 100+ words long (no upper limit)
- Your poem needs to be on the theme “Poems To My Younger Self” but you can title your poem as you like.
- Your poem needs to be emailed to me by NOVEMBER 30th, 2017 at the latest. Sorry, but no late entries. Please send your words via email to email@example.com – but if you receive no response at all, it’s likely you’ve gone to spam. In this case, please just drop me a quick message on my FB…
View original post 127 more words
Look how many amazing names there are on there, if you can get there you should! Then come say hello to me!
It’s not to late, you still have time to grab a ticket and Come and meet all of these fabulous authors at Darker on Saturday 7th October in Peterborough…..,, why not stay for the Darker evening charity event!
A.Meredith Walters / A.M.Irvin
A P Bateman
C J Daugherty
Charmain Marie Mitchell
Claire C Riley
D H Sidebottom
D M Wolfenden
D S Wrights
J G Clay
Jane E James
Laura Morgan / L C Morgans
Mary E. Palmerin
R J Truman
View original post 6 more words
It has been a stressful week, my dad is in hospital, am not going to go into the whys on here just know it is one of those weeks where you feel like you are banging your head against a wall. On the plus side, I have won a couple of dresses for really good prices on eBay! You might wonder what that has to do with writing but the fact is that a lot of these author events have an evening do to go with the actual signing, many of them will be ones where I see authors I have previously met and hopefully become friends with. You see the problem here, a girl cannot possibly be seen wearing the same dress each time! Now if I had actually lost the weight I have been threatening to for the last couple of years I might be happy investing in dresses to wear then recycle a couple of years down the line but so far I haven’t, but I still want to, so instead of spending £90 a time n a new dresses I have been checking out ones on eBay and I have to say looks like a lot of others already did it. There are so many dresses bought for weddings, trips to the races, cruises and other events, worn once then selling for a fraction of the price on there so it makes sense for me to save money and spend it on the accessories, plus after they have been worn if I lose weight I won’t feel guilty trying to alter them because if it goes wrong I am not wrecking an expensive dress. I am going to talk more about that on Tuesday so don’t miss that post.
For today let’s get to the blog sharing…
- The first one is something I have been thinking about this week, it is easy when everything is getting to you to doubt yourself, wallow in self-pity and basically give up, this post is about believing your fate is in your own hands https://lindaghill.com/2017/07/22/socs-setting-a-ceiling/
- I love the sea, I would love to go diving in various places, so I am really jealous about some of the photos in the post, however, relating back to the first blog post I shared I know there are always going to be physical limits on doing things like this because of my spinal surgery but I love in the hope of finding ways to get round that http://www.tmupchurch.com/2017/07/22/wearing-the-sea/
- The next post is a little about pushing your boundaries but this time for me it is about stepping out of my comfort zone. I studied art at college, I love classical art, my favourites are the Impressionists, I can understand modern art often on a conceptual level but it does not grab me and evoke emotions in me, one thing I am trying to do more is to try to see things through the eyes of others and blogs are a great way to do this https://andytownend.com/2017/07/22/in-wetin-you-go-do/
- The next one is an article rather than a blog post as such, when you first start out as an Indie author it is easy to feel overwhelmed and disheartened by the fact everyone else seems so far ahead of you in the game, remember it is a earning curve and evntually you will catch up, I have been lucky tohave a lot of good people will ing to help but sometimes you still don’t want to ask questions for fear of looking stupid but here is something that helped me finally work out one of my questions today https://www.justpublishingadvice.com/promote-your-book-better-with-universal-buy-links
- And I am going to change things up from now on and the final link of the day is going to be a FB page or group, usually it will be one I am actively a part of so today I am going to start with the one for my first live signing event, The Darker Side Of Fiction 2017 if your not in the group come and join us, the giveaways are piling up over there plus it will be the place to see photos and videos from the event as it happens https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433818133602201/
Taht is it for this week sorry it is so late I just kept getting distracted lol
Still time to grab a ticket or two and come join the party
Don’t miss this event!
Come and meet some Wickedly Dark crime, horror, fantasy, thriller, sci-fi , paranormal and dystopian authors on Saturday 7th October 2017 at the Holiday Inn west Peterborough.
Later enjoy the Darker Ball, enjoy fabulous meal and dance the night away at our Charity Fundraiser Ball – supporting Young Minds and Sue Ryder Hospice
Get your tickets NOW by clicking the link below ⬇️⬇️