First let me apologise the blog will be up later today got busy with sports relief stuff and though it is filmed I have not edited it yet, I shall do so when I get home from work xxxx
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Ellie over at Quotidiandose feel free to pop over and check out not only her answers but also her blog in general as it is well worth a visit.
This is how it works:
- Thank my nominator – Ellie you are awesome!
- Share the award on my blog !
- Answer the 10 questions asked of me
- Ask 10 questions of 10 new nominees
- Notify them – This is the bit that annoys me lol hopefully pingback will work
So here we go…
- Why did you decide to blog? I decided when I turned forty to stop procrastinating and start writing properly, I had always done little bits here and there but never applied myself so writing a blog was something that was suggested to me at the same time. It was a great way for me to build my confidence and slowly start sharing my thoughts and words and also turned out to be a brilliant way to make a few friends.
- Do you have themes that you blog about? (Such as food, writing, sports, psychology, etc.) The main topic on my blog is writing but I do tend to veer off frequently, it has become a mix of sharing both my writing and my life, so hopefully it lets people get to know me better as a person and get to know how my mind works, I even include a monthly review of a beauty box I buy and I know a few people who are not into make up and beauty still enjoy it because the love the fact I am so honest about me feelings on the things I receive in it.
- What is the typical length of one of your blog posts? (word count) Well this one will be longer than a lot of them but that is because half the words are pre written for me lol I try to keep my blog posts to between 500-750 words, I know as a reader if I have a lot of blogs built up in my inbox I will read the ones I know will be shorter first and I know a lot of my readers have similar time constraints meaning they cannot always read all the blogs they would like to. I do not take it personally if someone stops visiting my blog or only pops by occasionally, we all have such incredibly busy lives with our own blogs and writing and reading is always the first thing to suffer.
- Are you part of a bloggers network? If so, how has it been beneficial? Not as such, but I do take part in the A – Z challenge each year through April which I find is a great way to find new blogs and get to know new people I tend to pick a couple of new blogs each year and follow all their posts and have always ended up staying on following them afterwards, it is not too late to sign up for this year if you are interested http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/a-z-challenge-sign-up-list-2016.html
- How many times a month do you post on your blog? I try to post daily, but that does not mean I always succeed or that I actually write on my blog daily. For example I post book reviews on a Monday, usually what I try to do is write the review as soon as I finish the book and queue them although at the minute I am up to date I need to start reading quicker.
- Who were the last three followers to your blog? My latest three followers have been Gryffindor Queen over at https://thatweirdbrowngirl.wordpress.com, https://swo8.wordpress.com/ and Mona at https://tishowthelightgetsin.wordpress.com/
- If you could meet three historical people from any point in time, who would they be? First up Marilyn Monroe, I want to know what happened that evening was it an accident or was she murdered, I do not believe it was deliberate suicide, Boudica, I am fascinated by the idea of the warrior queen, those who have had sneak peaks of my novel know this so I would love to meet the original but my third choice would also be a queen, Cleopatra, I would love to know how she held the greatest empire to have ever existed in the palm of her hand before losing everything.
- Where do you get the inspirations for your posts? Anywhere and everywhere, I think the thing is I think of you all as friends so it makes sense to me to share the same sort of things with you as I would share with friends, books I have read, programmes I have watched, stuff I enjoy and occasionally places I have been.
- What is your goal for your blog for 2016? For the next 5 years? This year I want to be more consistent with my posts and write more about more writing, over the next five years I want to start earning a living from writing and be able to quit the day job so I will have to be more focused and not allow myself to get distracted as easily.
- What rewards do you have in mind for reaching your goals? Quitting the day job will be the ultimate reward, giving myself the ability to make a living doing something I love and hopefully travelling more as part of that.
And now for my ten nominees…
You can answer these questions as frivolously or seriously as you each desire I cannot wait to read your responses though
- Why did you decide to blog?
- Do you have themes that you blog about? (Such as food, writing, sports, psychology, etc.)
- What is the typical length of one of your blog posts? (word count)
- Are you part of a bloggers network? If so, how has it been beneficial?
- How many times a month do you post on your blog?
- If a fictional character were to write a blog who would you want to write one and why?
- Where do you get the inspirations for your posts?
- What is your goal for your blog for 2016? For the next 5 years?
- What rewards do you have in mind for reaching your goals?
- What piece of advice would you give someone setting up a blog today?