Today I am lucky to be able to share a Q & A with my fellow Darker signing author DM Wolfenden, she is into Vampire’s, Werewoves and Zombies and taking readers on a walk into the darer side of fiction so without further ado lets get to the questions…
1) When did you first decide you wanted to publish your work? What was the reaction of your nearest and dearest?
2013 I decided I would go ahead and write. When I told my family they were shocked, they knew I had a crazy imagination but never thought I would put pen to paper.
2) Do you have a writing routine? Do you find you need to write at set times in a fixed place or is it a case of fitting it in around daily life?
I have a hectic lifestyle, I work away for 6 months of the year and when I am home there is a lot of catching up to do (as you can imagine), I write whenever I get a spare hour or two.
3) Can you tell us a little bit about your latest release, and as a bonus give us the name of the song that would be the perfect theme music to it?
My latest release is a collection of short stories; they are all dark and have an element of mystery about them. The perfect song would be Cry Little Sister would probably fit well with the most of the stories.
4) Where was your first signing event and how did you feel in the run up to it?
I haven’t been to an event yet, 2017 will be my first.
5) Are any of your characters based on people you actually know, even if only loosely? And if so do they know it is them?
I hope not, they are evil little …
6) Now a bit of a silly one, as frequently seen on FB, the zombie apocalypse has begun, stick your hands out and tell us which two items you grab, and how you are going to use them to fight off the starving hordes.
Rather embarrassing, first thing is a jar of Vaseline (I’ve just had a Zombie tattoo, honest). Maybe I could smear all over myself and be too slippery for them. Second is my Frankenstein bobble head. Let’s face it, I’m dead.
7) If you could see any celebrity reading one of your books who would it be?
Quentin Tarantino, he is so talented. Love him
8) What is the last sentence you wrote in your current WIP?
“You need help, you need to sort your anger issues out. If you don’t we won’t survive.”
The knife clattered in the sink. “I promise I’ll see someone, babe.”
You better had, I won’t do this again. “Okay,” she said and walked away.
9) How do you celebrate finishing the final draft of a manuscript?’
I celebrate by sending of to an editor then sit there biting my nails.
10) Do you have a secret talent or claim to fame you are willing to share?
Yes I was on the grassy knoll.
11) If your books were going to be made into films do you have any ideas in your head who you would like to see play any of your characters?
It would actually be my short story, Carly. She is one bad arse. I love Jessica Messenger and Helena Bonham Carter to play the two female roles. For other books they would include Tom Cruise, Anotiono Banderas, Johnny Depp and Quentin Tarantino. (psst, I’m bigging you up here Quentin, call me).
12) What one piece of advice would you give to anyone sat at home, finished manuscript in front of them, debating hitting that publish button?
First of all I would say, get beta readers on it, if they love it, you are halfway there.
One thought on “Welcome To The Dark side With DM Wolfenden”
Well asked, well answered.
xxx Hugs Galore xxx ps No Hugs back DM. until you put that vaseline and the bobblehead down.