Well the birds are singing and I am sat hugging a double choca-mocha, the weather is undecided and I am hoping the school uniforms dry quickly just incase mother nature decides she is not going to co-operate with my plans for catching up with the washing today.
Because this is the one blog post of the week I write in real time rather than scheduling it does give me the chance to share things that grab my attention right up to the last minute, it is Father’s day here in the UK so I have just posted to FB as I know my dad rarely reads my blog, though he does surprise me occasionally but I will just take this chance to wish all the dad’s out there a Happy Father’s Day.
Now on with the business of the day which is of course blogs…
- Now I have to say I learnt to say no a long time ago, but then again I have always been slightly opinionated and strong-willed, I have also never really cared what other people think of me, and I have to say I am not sure if that is a sign of intelligence or psychopathy? Take your pick! However Sarah discusses some interesting research about cake and chocolate, personally I am rather suspicious of anyone who says no to either right from the beginning strikes me they may be a fake rather than intelligent because who doesn’t like a bit of cake? https://sarahmichellelynch.net/2016/06/17/its-okay-to-say-no/
- Next up a bargain summer read, or if you fancy leaving a review you can contact the author for a free digital version, I loved her First Series and fell a little in love with one of her characters but have not read this latest one yet so you know who will be getting herself a copy https://msfowle.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/summer-sale-on-my-book/
- As I mentioned it is Father’s day and I just read this post from the lovely Dallas, you get to know people by interacting, eventually you know them, their family and their history, people you never met in person become part of a huge virtual, global extended family, and sometimes they share pain as well as joy. Reading posts as the man so proud of his allotment experiences the indignities of failing health and age is heartbreaking but even more so knowing how helpless those who love him are, this latest instalment, that of finding the right care home is especially poignant on a day like today, because sometimes loving someone means doing what is best for them even when it breaks your own heart, https://crazytraintotinkytown.com/2016/06/16/the-long-road-home/
- A new blogger this week, and he also happens to be another of the Darker Side authors so I am sure he will feature more in future, I cannot do micro poetry, I tried the six word story thing at one point but I accept my failings, even 500 word flash fiction is hard for me a tend to be more wordy though I like to think I stop short of full blown purple prose, but here is the perfect example of how to say much with only a few words https://cameronlincoln.wordpress.com/2016/06/12/hard-time-micropoetry/
- You might recall the other day I mentioned trying the pomegranate and raspberry tea/infusion, well I saw this in my inbox and it seemed like fate then I discovered I live in entirely the wrong climate to grow one, I am gutted but once I make my fortune and have a house with a huge conservatory you better believe I will be growing one in there https://tjsgarden.com/2016/06/12/pomegranate-is-1-in-our-top-10-heat-resistant-plants/
So that is your five for this week, I am going to go pull out al the furniture in my bedroom in the search for the missing fitbit before I accept defeat and buy a new one next payday, enjoy the rest of your Sunday xxx