Today I want to share an interview with a remarkable young lady. Despite being only 18 years old she is about to publish her second work venturing forward into a second career which like her first as a model can be harsh and requires determination to succeed. Her book The Anthology is due to be released tomorrow over on Lulu and her face book links can be found at the bottom of the page.
I had the chance to ask tilly a few questions so here we go…
1) You began your career as an alternative model before branching out into writing, what inspired you to write?
I have always enjoyed writing, all the way through my school life. I finally decided to put it all into a book so that I could share my work with the world. My mom has also written a book and I think her writing gave me that bit more of a push to write more too. It’s a great way to put your personality on paper.
2) Which writers have influenced you as a writer and who are your favourite authors to read?
I have to admit, I don’t like modern authors as much as I like the old ones, Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker and Oscar Wilde being a few. Simply because they are original.
3) The Anthology is your second publication can you tell us a little about it?
Its basically all the stories and poems I could find that weren’t too personal from my high school work books, I loved reading them out in front of the class, so it only made sense to put them all into a book. A few of the stories I have written recently. There is about 4 years worth of creativity in this book.
4) You have, so far, self published your work, have you considered trying the traditional route?
I have but unfortunately being 18 I don’t have that much money in my back pocket yet, but it is something I would love to do in the future.
5) Now to let peope get to know you little better the silly questions, if you were stranded on a deserted island and you were allowed two items one practical one luxury what would they be?
Hmm, well that’s a difficult one. I think for practical reasons I would take a mobile phone (not for angry birds… honest. For phone calls of course!) and for luxury I think I would have to take a photo album, just so I could look at it and remind myself of fond memories.
6) who would you want to play you in a film story of your life?
Maybe Kate Winslet or Nicole Kidman, or possibly Scarlett Johansson. I can’t really give any reasons as to why, I just find them remarkable to watch and I see them as such powerful women.
But Y’know if they aren’t available I could give it a go! Hehe!
Tilly can be found on facebook here at Tilly Greensmith Alternative Model and The Anthology – Tilly.G