Well what can I say about this week it sure beat the last one. In some ways it as been a strange week as I have been laid up still with my back and had a lovely trip to the MRI machine. My little monster had a visit to the school he will be starting in September and I am looking forward to seeing him continue going from strength to strength overcoming his speech problems. Today Patch goes to the vets for his second jabs this time next week he will be able to join us on proper walks yay! I have done some work on my fb like page adding a little exclusive content to encourage people to hit the like button. I have not worked much on the novel this week due to my muse hijacking my brain with the short story for the charity anthology. When I finished it I was quite excited about it, of course since I have sent it to a couple of people whose judgement I admire I have now decided it is terrible, that I took the wrong angle and that they will hate it (they haven’t had chance to read it yet but my brain is preparing me mentally for the worst.) So anyway here are the targets I actually set two weeks ago and how I got on with them….
1) Finish first draft of novel
Sadly not but as I did hammer out 15k words this week between that and the short story I forgive myself
2) Finish reading The Hunter Inside
3) Publish one book review, one poem, one flash fiction
4) Publish a post about the charity comedy evening
I had a brilliant time and posted the review of it here but the also featured it as a guest post on the website
5) Nothing to do with the blog but to work out the logistics of getting to my ghost hunt at Marston Moor
Sadly I have had to accept defeat on this one with my back problems I am really gutted about this and the frustration I am feeling about it would cause a break down if I dwelled on it
So now on to this weeks goals…
1) I will finish the novel this week and start editing the first two chapters.
2) The usual promise of one book review, one flash fiction, one poem.
3) I am going to sort out all my note books and get more organised
4) I have a couple of books by fellow bloggers I want to get stuck into this week am hoping to finish at least two
5) Tidy up a few things here on the blog make sure all my links are up to date and update the blog roll
Right better get ready for the vets have a great weekend everyone!