Today hot on the heels of yesterdays book review I have the pleasure of sharing a quick interview with author and fellow blogger M.S. Fowle I decided to throw in a couple of random questions to warm up before discussing her work. So first I would like to thank Mel for taking time out of her busy life to answer them.
So here we go…
1) When you are not writing what’s your favourite way to pass those few precious spare hours?
When I’m not writing, I’m either at work or spending time with my family. And if there’s any time left, I’m usually playing with Photoshop.
2) You are at a restaurant that will prepare any three course meal you want. What do you order?
Stuffed mushrooms, a heaping pile of spaghetti and meatballs, and chocolate mousse for dessert.
3) I know like myself you are a mum how do you juggle home life and writing?
I have THE most supportive family on the planet. We’re surrounded by family and my husband understands my love of writing. I’m really lucky.
4) First night is the second of your books I have read. Both have strong women as their lead characters. Did you deliberately make a point of this or was it just the way your stories came to you?
That’s just the way my stories come to me. I’ve written a few stories with male leads, but I admit I like my heroines more.
5) Where do you prefer to write? Do you have a specific routine?
I’m either on the couch with my notebook and/or my laptop or parked at my desk in my room. I used to stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning writing, but every since our son, there’s just no way. I sit and write whenever I can.
6) Both of your works I have read have been self published. Was that a choice you made instead of the traditional publishing route or are you still exploring all options?
I’m definitely exploring all options. It’s no mistake that I’ve only self-published a short story and a couple novella length books. I have a few novels that I’m holding onto. It would mean more to me to see them in actual print first. I’d love to see all my work in print, but getting some of my work out there was the whole point. These days, literary agents aren’t willing to take a risk on an unknown author. If enough people like my work, I stand a better chance of being traditionally published. Maybe it’s a long shot, but I’m taking it.
7) Now bear in mind I have not read the second book in the ‘First’ series yet but I already see a love triangle in the making. You managed to convey the developing bond between Zeke and Alex without any real physical contact between them. Were you tempted to throw in a kiss towards the end?
8) When you started as a new aspiring writer what is the one piece of advice you wish someone had given you?
That I should’ve started a blog a looooong time ago. I’ll be totally honest – I had no idea what the purpose of a blog was until I tried it. But it’s fun! I’m meeting people from all over the world, we’re reading each others work, we’re relating to each other. And it really is helpful with it comes to marketing your books. It gives a place for the reader to meet the author and talk about whatever. But I have not and will not ever Tweet.
Thanks so much, Paula! I’m so glad you like The First! I loved what you said about Zeke in your review. I won’t say much else because I know haven’t read Book Two, but I will tell you that Book Three will be out (hopefully) soon. Thanks again!
I can’t wait to read them anyone not aquainted with M.S. Fowle should pop over to her blog and take a peek links to her books on Amazon can also be found there. And again huge thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions.
9 thoughts on “Author Interview – M.S. Fowle”
Hahahaha, I like #7. 😀
Thanks for sharing the interview…I love to hear from writers. And the answer to number 7 is pretty cute.
I am betting they share a little kiss before the end of the next book can’t wait to see 😉
That was fun, Paula! I liked the mix of questions and #7 was my favorite too. 😉 Thanks again!
Reblogged this on bflyzone and commented:
Let’s get the word out!
What fun! Great interview…loved the questions. I think they should kiss too. 🙂